The Women in Engineering Research Scholars Program (WE Scholars) provides funding for on-campus summer research experiences.
– Women currently studying Engineering and in their first, second or third year at Lafayette College
– Student must be in good standing at the College, with a declared major in an Engineering program in the Engineering Division
– A 3.25 grade point average
– 10-week summer stipend ($9-11 per hour, 360 hours) and campus housing
– Meetings with WE Scholars Professors to learn about post-graduate education and career opportunities
– During the academic year, the scholars will help organize and participate in forums and events hosted by Lafayette’s chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
– The WE Research Scholars will collaborate with SWE and the Office of Admissions in the Engineering Open House and Experience Lafayette College events
– SWE members and WE Research Scholars will host “shadowing” visits with high-school girls with interest in engineering
Talk to a Faculty member you would be interested in conducting research with! Your Faculty member will submit an application for you to be considered for a position as a WE Scholar. Please submit a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal statement should indicate why you would like to participate in this program.
The deadline for the Faculty application for the Women in Engineering Scholars submission and student personal statement is February 27 at 12 pm.